Thursday, December 4, 2008

Connections



I just finished geeking out over a book with a customer. The book, Citadel of the Spirit: A Literary Compendium Commemorating Oregon’s Sesquicentennial, edited by Matt Love, it a doozy. Weighing nearly two pounds, it really rounds out the plate of Oregon literature. Contributors from near and far (across the state I mean) have painted a loving portrait of our great state. I just have to say that I really admire Matt Love's passion for writing, literature, and Oregon. The man is nothing if not dedicated. This book would make a great gift for any Oregon lover out there (we have it in the store, $30 for the paperback edition).



Another GORGEOUS Oregon book that is available now, Wild Beauty: Photographs of the Columbia River Gorge, 1867-1957 by Terry Toedtemeier and John Laursen. The publication of this book coincides with a fabulous exhibit at the Portland Art Museum. I suggest taking the audio tour. Seeing some of these prints in the flesh is such a unique opportunity. Anyway, I love this book. Since no one gives me books as a gift anymore (bummer for me) I am going to cough up the $75 and get one for myself. There are extras here at the store if you want one too...

-Sylla

No comments: