I am shamelessly stealing this from a fellow bookseller's Twitter feed, via a trade newsletter, Shelf Awareness.
1. We have not yet started playing Christmas music.
2. That feeling of self-righteousness over starting so early translates into treating yourself to something as well.
3. You can make a list of all the things you want, so that you can hint liberally at Thanksgiving.
4. If there's a hardcover you've been eyeing, you have time to read the whole thing before giving it away.
5. We have free gift wrapping. By Christmas, you’ll forget what it was you bought. Aren't surprises great?
6. It’s much easier to stick to your budget when we aren't serving you eggnog like we do the week before Christmas. (*NOTE: We don't do this at TSB, but it might be a good idea!)
7. All versions of The Night Before Christmas are still in stock. You won't have to settle for that one weird one left over on Christmas Eve.
8. You'll bring smiles and joy and a twinkle to the eye of your favorite local, indie bookseller.
Katherine Fergason (@KatherineBoG), manager and children's buyer at Bunch of Grapes Bookstore, Vineyard Haven, Mass.