Friday, February 20, 2009

Citadel of the Spirit

I know Sylla mentioned Citadel of the Spirit: Oregon's Sesquicentennial Anthology in December sometime, but now that I've read it I have to throw in my two cents. I bought my Dad this book for his birthday. I had a few days before I was going to see him so I started reading excerpts from the book. After 4 or 5 essays I was hooked and had to buy a copy for myself.

I thought I would read the book over a long period of time (it's 400+ pages) but I read it in about 2 weeks! Matt Love did a wonderful job putting this book together and I found myself fascinated and enthralled with Oregon's history. I read some of the pieces out loud to my husband and after I finished the book he settled down to read through it for himself. My husband and I were both born and raised in Oregon and had no idea we knew so little about Oregon history.

We have lots of copies of Citadel of the Spirit. If you are at all curious about Oregon history, you need to read this book!

Angela

No comments: