Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Oregon!

Ok, I know the official day isn't until next week, but who cares? It is a beautiful sunny day, great for meandering down Third Street. I rode my bike around this morning and look forward to more errands taken care of by bike this afternoon. I have also been looking for some neat little Valentine's Day gifts for my family. Don't tell my husband, but I think that this year, I am going to go all out. Yep, I am going to give him what he really wants: a crossword puzzle dictionary. My poor children are always so bummed that we are not more romantic. Ah well. I will make them each a sweet Valentine and sooth their hearts with chocolate.

On Thursday, we are excited to host Matt Love, author and editor extraordinaire, and several authors from his book, Citadel of the Spirit: Oregon's Sesquicentennial Anthology - A Merging of Past and Present Oregon Voices and Stories. This event will be a great way to celebrate our state's birthday. Matt is a wonderful speaker, compassionate and inspiring, and we are looking forward to hearing other authors from the book as well. Just a little shameless self-promotion there.

I forgot to mention that we have an electronic newsletter. Maybe you already get it, I don't know. We announce our cool events, sales, and book reviews there. If you are interested in receiving it, please send your name and email address to:info@thirdstreetbooks.com and we will add you to our list!

Off to hang out in the sun!

-Sylla

No comments: